Disney Swaps & Shares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept PhotoPass Share - FULL

+4
Montog
enlmomma
koima
CrystalS
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sept PhotoPass Share - FULL Empty Sept PhotoPass Share - FULL

Post  CrystalS Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 am

List of Participants
Tina Fields - Sept 5-13
enlmomma - Sept 7-12
Montog - Sept 7-13
CrystalS - Sept 13-17
mcraft17 - Oct 1-7
anastasiawinters - Oct 1-8

I can't post in the Photopass area yet, so please move this over when its possible. Thanks!

My family will be going to DisneyWorld Sept 13th-17th and would like to use the Photopass but would love if a few others wanted to share the cost with us.

I would collect the payments and then purchase the preorder CD so that we can get the cheaper price (I think its about 100 or so, need to get exact numbers still).

I think we have 30days once the 1st code is entered to have our photos edited and the CD ordered.
Please post a reply with your dates if they are in September and I will figure out the time line and when we can start entering PIN's and when the cut off date will be for editing before I order the CD.

Once I get the CD I will make copies for everyone and mail them out.
So depending on the number of people we can get together, the price will be divided by the number of participants, and then there will also be the cost of the CD/CD's that I'll will purchase to make the copies on, and the shipping cost.

So let me know if you'd like to participate and I'll work out all the details when I get an idea of how many of us there will be Smile

Last edited by CrystalS on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 6 times in total

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Sept PhotoPass Share - FULL Empty Re: Sept PhotoPass Share - FULL

Post  koima Wed May 27, 2009 10:34 am

I'm in! I will be there Sept 19-27.

koima

Back to top Go down

Post  enlmomma Wed May 27, 2009 1:50 pm

I would like to join, we will be there Sept 7-12

enlmomma

Back to top Go down

Post  Montog Thu May 28, 2009 11:26 am

I would love to join! We'll be there Sept 7-13 (looks like perfect timing with poster above!). Please PM me or email is probably easiest at montog@aol.com. Thank you for organizing this and setting up a new forum.

Montog

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Thu May 28, 2009 12:10 pm

If its just the 4 of us, it will be about $25/person plus about 25-50 cents for each CD I need to copy to (not sure how many we will be getting, all depends on how many photos we all take), and then the shipping amount which shouldn't be much either.

We still have some time before we need to preorder, so I'll leave this open for anyone else to join up. They usually say to preorder about 2 week - month before taking the trip, so if we preordered in August then we should be fine.

Once the first person puts their code into the system to add their photos we will have 30 days to edit and order the CD. So if we wait to have the first person add theirs around the middle of the month, and then we take turns adding them on and editing (each person will get a few days to do this), then we should have more than enough time for everyone to get their photos on the system.

Thanks for joining everyone, this is going to be fun, its our first trip to WDW so I'm looking forward to some nice photos to remember it by!

I'll keep checking back to see if we get more people singing up, and if you know anyone else going in Sept, feel free to send them the link to this post Smile

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  Montog Thu May 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Sounds great! I'm in, even if it is only the four of us. I know that I can't even buy a few photos for 25 dollars and there are always several I fall in love with. This will be my first time trying this, but I'm excited about it because I would love to be able to have more photos and stop more often and have pictures taken. I would like to leave the camera at home altogether if I could!

Montog

Back to top Go down

Post  anastasiawinters Thu May 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Hello,
I came over from dis, I'm staying at POR Oct1-8 and looking to join a photopass share. I'm Canadian, living in GTA.

Let me know if I can join up with you guys Smile

Amy

anastasiawinters

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Thu May 28, 2009 2:09 pm

anastasiawinters wrote:Hello,
I came over from dis, I'm staying at POR Oct1-8 and looking to join a photopass share. I'm Canadian, living in GTA.

Let me know if I can join up with you guys Smile

Amy

We might just be able to fit you in, but you would have to have your photos loaded and edited fairly quickly once you got back from your trip in order to make the deadline. (We have 30days from the time the 1st person loads their photos which I was hoping we could have them do about mid september, so that would give us until mid october for you to have it done.
I'll put you down on the list in the first post as a participant since I think it should work out ok, as long as you don't mind being fast with loading and editing when your trip is over.

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  Montog Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I can wait until the end of our trip (the 12 or 13) to put my codes in if that will help extend the deadline.

Montog

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Thu May 28, 2009 2:30 pm

I think I will have the first people enter their code (s) on Sept 20th and the 2nd person a few days later and so on.
The photopass codes you have with your photos are good for up to a month after your trip before you need to enter them online for the CD, so thats not a problem.
And then once the first code is entered for the CD the group will have until 30 days after that to finish and order it.

So if the first code is entered on Sept 20th, then the last day to have edits done and have the CD ordered is Oct 20th. But I'd like us to be finished a few days before then just in case, so I'll make the cut off on Oct 15th that all the code have to be entered and the edits have to be done. Then I will confirm the order the next day.

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  Montog Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Do you know if we'll be able to look at the pictures before hand if we don't consolidate the codes. I'm going to be soooo curious about the pictures to wait until after we get back. Its worth it to save the money, but would be great if we could view them.

Montog

Back to top Go down

Post  anastasiawinters Thu May 28, 2009 2:45 pm

CrystalS wrote:
We might just be able to fit you in, but you would have to have your photos loaded and edited fairly quickly once you got back from your trip in order to make the deadline. (We have 30days from the time the 1st person loads their photos which I was hoping we could have them do about mid september, so that would give us until mid october for you to have it done.
I'll put you down on the list in the first post as a participant since I think it should work out ok, as long as you don't mind being fast with loading and editing when your trip is over.

That sounds good, We're driving down & should be back by the 11th. As long as I have a few days after the 11th to do my edits, I'll be fine Smile

I believe you have 30 days from the date of the photos to enter them online, and then 30 days once they're activated online to do you edits, etc. I was also reading that you can pay for the CD right before you order it and that it does not need to be done before your trip.

Also, AFAIK you CANNOT enter the codes on a different the account first to view them and then do the consolidation. Sorry Sad you have to wait

I was linked to this forum from the Canadian Planning board on Dis, are you all Canadian too?

Amy

anastasiawinters

Back to top Go down

Post  Montog Thu May 28, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm in Virginia, but I'm betting it will just be a little extra postage to get to you in Canada, so hopefully it will work out for you too.

Montog

Back to top Go down

Post  anastasiawinters Thu May 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Montog wrote:I'm in Virginia, but I'm betting it will just be a little extra postage to get to you in Canada, so hopefully it will work out for you too.

Whenever I've ordered small items from US it's usually only $1 or so more than what the domestic cost would be. Whatever the extra shipping cost, it will still be a lot less than $100 and that's alright with me Very Happy

anastasiawinters

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm from Canada myself. In BC.

It shouldn't be much more to have the CD shipped to me, a buck or two I'm guessing, CD's are small, lol.
And for me to ship everyones CD to them shouldn't be much either, since they are small and light weight. I will be getting some cheap CD cases to send them in as well as using the CD bubble mailers if they aren't too expensive.

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  koima Thu May 28, 2009 5:14 pm

I've never done this so I'm not clear how it works. Do we all share a Photopass card, or do we just enter the different cards online separately when we return?

koima

Back to top Go down

Post  anastasiawinters Thu May 28, 2009 5:15 pm

koima wrote:I've never done this so I'm not clear how it works. Do we all share a Photopass card, or do we just enter the different cards online separately when we return?

You can get as many different cards as you want while you are there, but do NOT activate them. They all must be activated on the same account online when you return.

anastasiawinters

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Thu May 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Yup, just what she said.

While you are at the park you will get a photopass card from the photographers there, you can get as many as you want from them, but you really only need one and it might be easier for you to just keep track of one. Then when you get home do NOT load the photopass number onto any account online until I have given you the days that you are scheduled to do this. Also ONLY enter the number from your photopass card(s) onto the account that I give you. If you put them onto any other account, then you will not be able to participate in the share because you can only put the card numbers into one account. (but you can have as many different card numbers as you need).

I hope that makes sense. As well get closer to September I will work out the days that each person can put there photopass numbers into the account and give you the account information etc, you will then have a couple of days to do that and edit any of your photos if you choose to.
Once everyone has taken their turn entering and editing their photos I will order the CD.
Then once I get the CD, I will make copies for everyone and mail them out Smile

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Well as of today, June 2nd, there are 5 of us in the group, which isn't bad I think, that will bring our total to $20 per person each (plus the small amount for the CD and the shipping to each person, but it shouldn't be much).

Maybe if I could get everyone to email me at crystalsutherland@hotmail.com, that way you can confirm that you still want to participate and also let me know by which method you plan to pay by (not asking for payments yet though, I can accept paypal or mailed cheque/money orders). Then I'll write all the info down so that I can get in contact with everyone when its time to preorder the CD, and get everyones dates organized for when to add your codes, etc, to the account. If you can, please also include your mailing address so that I can write it down and keep it in a safe place so that when it comes time to mail your CD to you, I can find it easily.

Thanks everyone!
Crystal

Looking forward to free dining in September!

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  mcraft17 Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 pm

I would love to join. I sent you an email too. I will be there Oct. 1-7th. I can upload and be done on the 8th. This will be my second share, we love it!

mcraft17

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Just an idea that was mentioned to me by my husband.

If anyone wants to save on the cost of a CD and shipping to you, I can email your photos to you, or put them into a photobucket account for you to access if anyone prefers that method? You could then save them to your computer and make your own CD.

If anyone wishes to do this just let me know between now and when I order the CD.

I don't mind doing it either way, jsut thought it could save a little bit if you want them emailed rather than a copied CD sent.

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  mcraft17 Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 pm

CrystalS wrote:Just an idea that was mentioned to me by my husband.

If anyone wants to save on the cost of a CD and shipping to you, I can email your photos to you, or put them into a photobucket account for you to access if anyone prefers that method? You could then save them to your computer and make your own CD.

If anyone wishes to do this just let me know between now and when I order the CD.

I don't mind doing it either way, jsut thought it could save a little bit if you want them emailed rather than a copied CD sent.

Thank you so much for allowing me to join. Very Happy Question about emailing the pictures... do you think they will still come out the same quality as if you got the cd? I am heading up a May photopass and I haven't gotten our cd yet so I didn't know if the quality would be the same.

mcraft17

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:40 pm

mcraft17 wrote:
CrystalS wrote:Just an idea that was mentioned to me by my husband.

Thank you so much for allowing me to join. Very Happy Question about emailing the pictures... do you think they will still come out the same quality as if you got the cd? I am heading up a May photopass and I haven't gotten our cd yet so I didn't know if the quality would be the same.

If they are taken straight off the CD, not altered, and then either emailed or put into a flikr or photobucket account in the same format as off hte CD it should be the same quality.

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  mcraft17 Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 pm

I was wondering if you were planning to get the photopass before the price increase. Not sure if the prepay one will increase but I just happen to see this on the dis.

mcraft17

Back to top Go down

Post  CrystalS Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:44 pm

mcraft17 wrote:I was wondering if you were planning to get the photopass before the price increase. Not sure if the prepay one will increase but I just happen to see this on the dis.

I didn't know there was going to be a price increase. I will definately look into it.
I'm not sure how early we are allowed to purchase the prepaid (not sure if there is a time limit to use it once purchased) I will look into it tonight/tomorrow and let everyone know right away if we need to purchase it now.

Thanks for the heads up!-

CrystalS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next